avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

tara

Re: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Post by tara » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:51 am

the issue with the interconnection of the RTC INT and RESET of the CONTROLLING Smaller than usual was tackled by an equipment change in 2016.

I accept this isn't the underlying driver of your inconveniences.

j.dacosta@cfvi.ch expressed that it is as yet conceivable to speak with the sketch - so the gadget is clearly not in the changeless reset state.

We have watched comparable conduct as well, yet up to now, it isn't clear what is the reason. The most plausible clarification is, that once you program an undermined sketch (debasement occurs amid the transfer) the gadget is then avoiding the bootloader and dependably hops straightforwardly to the sketch after a reset. At that point, the avrdude isn't conversing with the bootloader, however with the sketch.

jbileuv

Post by jbileuv » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Hello,

I'm facing a similar problem.
We use the Controllino MEGA for our research project. We have one in our system, and I just bought a new one for developing.
After installing Arduino IDE and installing & configuring Controllino specific board and library (following manual and online tutorial), I get the message when uploading a sketch:
"avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout" (x6)
followed by
"avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch".

Compared to FAQ No. 10: It never worked on this MEGA.

This happens on two systems: Windows 10 laptop (installed with admin, but run without admin) and the same on another Windows 7 Pro laptop (with full admin rights). Same issue...
Com port works: serial link established and I can get Board info.

I tried FAQ No.10, without success, and couldn't find a solution on the internet, despite the frequent occurrence of the same or similar problems.

I hope you can help me asap as we are on a very tight schedule. (Problem didn't occur 7 months ago on the other MEGA which is built in our system)
Thank you for your support!

Lukas

Post by Lukas » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello, it seems that the main microcontroller is in a permanent reset, or the bootloader is missing. At first - please check that the reset button is not stuck under the housing.

BillyTse

Post by BillyTse » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi....this sort of error could be caused by your antivirus software. Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus for a single compilation to see if the problem goes away, then turn the antivirus back on. If the problem doesn't occur with the antivirus off you will need to adjust the settings of your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate file, folder, or process so it doesn't interfere with compilation.

pcb assembly

Lukas

Post by Lukas » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:11 pm

I have some news regarding this topic - we have found some potential root cause of these troubles in the original Arduino bootloader.
Please see this tutorial THIS TUTORIAL how to update to the new MINI bootloader.

Note: This is relevant only for MINI!