Communication between Maxi Automation and Nextion Display

marcel00

Communication between Maxi Automation and Nextion Display

Post by marcel00 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello

So far I worked with an Arduino Mega and a Nextion Enhanced display.Communication is via serial2 at 112500 baud without any issues. If I connect
RX2 and TX2 of Nextion display to TXD2(X2.22) and RXD2(X2.23) and power up the Nextion display via external 5V with common ground I am not able to communicate anymore. The Arduino IDE was used and the same program was flashed to the Maxi Automation. What can be the reason for that?

Kind regards
Marcel

marcel00

Re: Communication between Maxi Automation and Nextion Display

Post by marcel00 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:22 am

Communication is working again. Issue was related with function nexInit(); out of Itead Library from Nextion. Somehow synchronization between MCU and Nextion display failed. A delay(100); was necessary after nexInit(); in case of 115200 baud.

jonnygainz

Post by jonnygainz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Good day,

I recently started work on a project using the Controllino Maxi Automation and a Nextion NX8048K070-011C. So far I am able to use the Arduino IDE Serial Monitor to see the input from a sensor that I have connected to it, however when I try to connect the Nextion display and try to output the numbers that I have being incremented to the Nextion display I m not getting anything going from the Controllino to the Nextion display. I have used both X1 and X2 and it didn't work the code I tried is shown below:

Code: Select all

#include <Controllino.h>  /* Usage of CONTROLLINO library allows you to use CONTROLLINO_xx aliases in your sketch. */

int sensorState = 0;
int bagCount = 0;
int runningBagCount = 0;
int onState = 0;
int offState = 1;
bool flag = true;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(9600);
  pinMode(CONTROLLINO_DI0, INPUT);

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  sensorState = digitalRead(CONTROLLINO_DI0);

if (sensorState == onState)
    {
      if (sensorState == offState)
      {
        flag = true;
      }

else if (sensorState == onState)
      {
        flag = false;
        if (sensorState == onState && flag == false)
        {
          bagCount = bagCount + 1;
          runningBagCount = runningBagCount + 1;
          Serial.print("Number of Bags in Stack: ");Serial.print(bagCount);Serial.print("\n");
          Serial.print("n0.val=");  // This is sent to the nextion display to set what object name (before the dot) and what atribute (after the dot) are you going to change.
          Serial.print(runningBagCount);  // This is the value you want to send to that object and atribute mention before.
          Serial.write(0xff);  // We always have to send this three lines after each command sent to the nextion display.
          Serial.write(0xff);
          Serial.write(0xff);
          Serial.print("Total Number of Bags: ");Serial.print(runningBagCount);Serial.print("\n");
          if (bagCount == 250)
          bagCount = 0;
          while(sensorState == onState)
          {
          }
          flag = true;
        }  
      }
    }

//Serial.print(sensorState);

}

The whole idea is that an inductive sensor will sense something, when it senses something it will increment a counter. There are two counters, a running count and a count that could be set. What I need is that every time the counter increments, this value should be pushed to a field in the nextion HMI. I look forward to your reply

jonnygainz

Post by jonnygainz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Good day,

I recently started work on a project using the Controllino Maxi Automation and a Nextion NX8048K070-011C. So far I am able to use the Arduino IDE Serial Monitor to see the input from a sensor that I have connected to it, however when I try to connect the Nextion display and try to output the numbers that I have being incremented to the Nextion display I m not getting anything going from the Controllino to the Nextion display. I have used both X1 and X2 and it didn't work the code I tried is shown below:

Code: Select all

#include <Controllino.h>  /* Usage of CONTROLLINO library allows you to use CONTROLLINO_xx aliases in your sketch. */

int sensorState = 0;
int bagCount = 0;
int runningBagCount = 0;
int onState = 0;
int offState = 1;
bool flag = true;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(9600);
  pinMode(CONTROLLINO_DI0, INPUT);

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

if (sensorState == onState)
    {
      if (sensorState == offState)
      {
        flag = true;
      }

else if (sensorState == onState)
      {
        flag = false;
        if (sensorState == onState && flag == false)
        {
          bagCount = bagCount + 1;
          runningBagCount = runningBagCount + 1;
          Serial.print("Number of Bags in Stack: ");Serial.print(bagCount);Serial.print("\n");
          Serial.print("n0.val=");  // This is sent to the nextion display to set what object name (before the dot) and what atribute (after the dot) are you going to change.
          Serial.print(runningBagCount);  // This is the value you want to send to that object and atribute mention before.
          Serial.write(0xff);  // We always have to send this three lines after each command sent to the nextion display.
          Serial.write(0xff);
          Serial.write(0xff);
          Serial.print("Total Number of Bags: ");Serial.print(runningBagCount);Serial.print("\n");
          if (bagCount == 250)
          bagCount = 0;
          while(sensorState == onState)
          {
          }
          flag = true;
        }  
      }
    }

//Serial.print(sensorState);

}

The whole idea is that an inductive sensor will sense something, when it senses something it will increment a counter. There are two counters, a running count and a count that could be set. What I need is that every time the counter increments, this value should be pushed to a field in the nextion HMI. I look forward to your reply