Analog Output Maxi Automation Error

Stuck? We'll be happy to help!
hiffi

Analog Output Maxi Automation Error

Post by hiffi » Tue May 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Hello,
I have problems with my Controllino Maxi Automation.

I want to use the analog outputs (AO0 and AO1). But I can only generate 0V or 24V at these outputs (nothing in between). According to the program and example description I would have expected 5V (AO0) and 10V (AI0). I pulled the outputs to GND via a 10kOhm pull-down resistor. Otherwise nothing else is connected.

I used the following program:

Code: Select all

#include <Controllino.h> /* Usage of CONTROLLINO library allows you to use CONTROLLINO_xx aliases in your sketch. */

// the setup function runs once when you press reset (CONTROLLINO RST button) or connect the CONTROLLINO to the PC
void setup() {
 // initialize all used digital output pins as outputs
 pinMode(CONTROLLINO_AO0, OUTPUT);
 pinMode(CONTROLLINO_AO1, OUTPUT);                            
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
 int analogOut0 = 127;                     // 0 - 255 to be set (0 - 10 000 mV, or 0 - 20 000 uA)
 int analogOut1 = 255;                     // 0 - 255 to be set (0 - 10 000 mV, or 0 - 20 000 uA)
 analogWrite(CONTROLLINO_AO0, analogOut0); // set the analog output 0 to 5V or 10mA
 analogWrite(CONTROLLINO_AO1, analogOut1); // set the analog output 1 to 10V or 20mA      
}

Is there a hardware defect? Or must other settings for activation be made for the analog outputs of the Controllino Maxi Automation.

With kind regards
Bjorn

niellsonn

Re: Analog Output Maxi Automation Error

Post by niellsonn » Tue May 12, 2020 9:36 am

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem so I think this might not be a hardware defect. However, I did not pursue solving this problem any further but managed to find a workaround (not using the analog out pins) for my specific problem. So, if you managed to find a solution, I would be happy to let us know.

Best regards,
niellsonn

ethan.corbett

Post by ethan.corbett » Wed May 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Hello,

I also had the same problem. I contacted the manufacturer and the issue is not a hardware defect, rather a production error. The outputs were configured for 0-20mA instead of 0-10V. If you follow the website tutorial below, you should find that the 0 ohm resistors are missing. So to change the MAXI outputs to 0-10V simply add a solder bridge where the 0 ohm resistors are supposed to be. This fixed the issue for me.

Website tutorial:
https://www.controllino.biz/knowledge-b ... utomation/

Regards,
Ethan

hiffi

Post by hiffi » Thu May 14, 2020 1:39 pm

Sorry for the late response.

Yes! That was the same problem for my Controllino. The 0 Ohm Resistors were missing. So this wasn't a technical or software issue, but a manufacturing issue.

I would suggest to replace the resistors by jumpers. Thats would make switching between voltage and current output easier.